Recently one of my Sweat Pink Sisters nominated me for a Liebster Award. What the What? After some internet digging I found that the Liebster Award is an kick in the butt to help you generate more blog followers! And I LOVE IT! What a great idea to get some of your smaller blogger friends some traffic and hopefully some new followers.
Thanks to my girl Lynette (WHO IS RUNNING A HALF MARATHON THIS WEEK!) over at Life’s Better in Yoga Pants I have found so many new blogs to follow, and I hope you will too. Go and give her some love and cheer her on in her 1/2 this weekend!
Here are the rules, that I’ll follow this time:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (Thanks, Life’s Better in Yoga Pants)
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers who
have less than 200 followers. you have been diggin lately!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You also cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
And Away We Go….
Share 11 random facts about yourself:
1.) I’ve lived in seven states (PA, VA, NC, SC, MS, LA and FL) and worked at six universities (Elon, UVA, SC, Loyola NO, Embry Riddle and Ole Miss)
2.) My original major in college was athletic training. A football player spit in my face so I changed majors my junior year.
3.) I’ve had eight dogs (Frisker, Molly, Savannah, Domino, Andi, Elon, Dora and Heinz).
4.) Finding 11 random things about yourself is really very hard! #4. I don’t have a favorite number, or a lucky number, or a favorite song, or movie or book and I typically make it up on the spot when someone asks me a question like that. I love a lot of movies, books, tv shows – how could I pick just one? And a favorite number? Really? That’s just weird to me.
5.) I talk to my self, a lot. Sometimes out loud. Pretty sure that makes me a crazy person. Absolutely sure that I don’t care.
6.) I do not like pumpkin pie. I do however like pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cake, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin donuts…..
7.) When I was pregnant with both kids all I wanted was food from the places I had lived before. Fried pickles from Ajax in Oxford, MS. Muffulettas and po boys from New Orleans. My moms strawberry pretzel salad. This really good honey mustard sauce from a sandwich shop in Elon. I think I wanted these things DOC couldn’t give me to drive him crazy.
8.) I cried when they told me Diva was a girl at our ultrasound. Partly because I was terrified to be the mom of a girl because I’ve never really gotten along well with women. And partly because I wanted to name our child after my husband’s brother, so, we did anyways. I love that she has a unique name for a girl.
9.) Speaking of crying, I love getting out a good cry in the shower. Some people sing, I like to cry.
10.) I can not sleep in a hotel without DOC. I’m a crabby jerk by day 2 of work travel because I haven’t slept well.
11.) I chair dance. A LOT. In the car, at work, at restaurants. I like to move to the music. Whatever. Judge me, I don’t care!
Dang, that was HARD.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the fall? WATCH FOOTBALL. Play football, cheer at football. And cook for football. I love our house on Sundays in the fall, so warm, cozy and something bubbling on the stove.
2. If you could go anywhere for a weekend getaway, where would you go? I would take DOC to New Orleans.
3. Favorite workout? I love HIIT or Tabata workouts and my favorites include the TRX and/or Bosu. They make workouts so fun!
4. What feature do you absolutely love about yourself? I love my smile.
5. What is your biggest health/fitness/wellness accomplishment from this year? Getting stronger every workout. I’ve not lost much weight – I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds, but my clothes fit better and I feel stronger.
6. Who do you talk to everyday? DOC… and myself. And God.
7. How long have you been blogging for? almost two years. Wow.
8. Do you prefer to get your nails done or do them at home? Get them done! Man, I stink at doing them myself!
9. What is your favorite short term goal for 2013? Get down one more pant size by new years.
10. What is something you cannot live without? The kids. They are my breath. And coffee. And comfortable shoes. I’m a total b if my feet hurt.
11. Morning person or night person? Gah. I so used to be a night person, but now I’m a morning person.
List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Well, I don’t know how many followers people have. I just want to highlight some ladies who have shown me love, OR are my Sweat Pink or Girls Gone Sporty Ambassadors and hope you’ll check them out. And follow them!
1.) Jen on the Edge is my #1 blogger homegirl. I love her. http://jenontheedge.com/
And now the 11 questions they should answer:
1.) What resolution did you make in 2013 that you believe you can still achieve?
2.) What’s your go to snack food?
3.) Now, tell the truth. What’s your guilty pleasure snack food?
4.) How do you help yourself stay balanced?
5.) What’s one thing your readers might not know about you?
6.) What’s one thing you would do differently now than when you set up your blog?
7.) Who is your biggest cheerleader?
8.) If you could have dinner with one person, who would it be?
9.) Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?
10.) When do you feel your best?
11.) What blog do you read daily?
I hope that wasn’t too painful! Thanks again Lynette! No, go follow some peeps, alright!?!